Substations and Switchyards – 6 weeks access to the Easy Power VM
This course will teach the substation types and main components of a substation.
Power Transformers, testing power transformers, Circuit Breakers; Fuses; GIS Substation; Switchyards; Surge Arrestor Protection and Insulation Coordination
Also the Student will learn the Substation Grounding requirements based o IEEE 80. There is a manual available for this course also for each major topic there is a video presentation available.
The basics of the EASY POWER Modeling and calculation also will be presented in this course.
After the completion of each section of the course the student will have to pass a quiz.
During the 6 weeks duration of the course the student will have access to the VM and Easy Power.
At the end of this course the student will be asked to model a distribution substation with the breaker and a half configuration using EASY POWER.
After the completion of this course the student will learn:
- Types of substations and characteristics
- Air; SF6 and Vacuum Circuit Breakers, Switchgears and Substations
- Series Rated Breakers
- Surge Arestors and Reclosure
- Grounding System requirement for substations
- Power Transformers and testing
- SCADA requirements; GUSS Messaging; DNP3 and DNP4; smart grid