CIVL101-Civil Construction Industry Practices
This course will outline the basics of civil construction including procedures and processes and focuses on:
- Impact of the civil construction industry on the local and national economies.
- Function of key construction management disciplines and the interaction between stakeholders and various parties involved in the civil construction industry.
- Types and methods of contracting within the context of civil construction procurement.
- Importance of regulatory compliance requirements, including construction law and ethics, labour relations, health and safety, provincial and municipal standards.
- Civil construction project management processes and emerging trends with a focus on sustainable industry practices.