Industrial Pollution Management
Petroleum Refinery Water Pollution Management (IPM 102)
As the population of our planet grows, water resource management is becoming one of the most critical topics that need to be addressed in refineries. Water pollution can jeopardize marine life and with today’s strict regulation on minimizing environmental foot-prints of oil industry, it is important to understand best practices in water pollution management. This course describes good practices and strategies that can be used to manage and control polluted waters before exposure to surface waters.
This course is designed for individuals with a degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Environmental Engineering who want to upgrade their knowledge in water pollution management. Upper management personnel can also benefit from this course through exposure to different regulations that are enforced in order to manage and control water pollution in refineries.
- Introduction to water pollution
- Developing water pollution sources
- Techniques of prevention and control of water contamination in process waters, cooling water, surface and sub-surface water
- Methods of minimizing water usage
- Understanding on methods to prevent entrance of pollutants in community-used water
- Handle purification of different sources of polluted waters used in refineries
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.