Corrosion and Failure Analysis
Corrosion Control and Prevention (CRR 103)
This course focuses on the common failures of industrial equipment due to corrosion attack. The causes and mechanisms of typical corrosion as well as the techniques used to verify, control and prevent the corrosion attack to the industrial components will be reviewed along with presenting of case studies to the participants in this course.
This course is designed for individuals seeking a profession in corrosion field at the level of a technician, technologist, skilled worker, or graduates who plan to pursue education in corrosion and inspection.
- General aspects of corrosion, various corrosive environments and their effects on the integrity of industrial components
- Thermodynamic and kinetics of corrosion
- Corrosion measurement techniques
- Common forms of failure induced by corrosion
- Corrosion protection techniques
Upon successful completion of this course the student will learn:
- The theoretical and practical fundamentals of corrosion
- The basic concepts of corrosion protection systems
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.