Corrosion and Failure Analysis
Structure and Properties of Materials (CRR 100)
This course covers the relevance and application of material (metals, polymers and ceramics) to engineering practice and includes demonstration of laboratory instruments applied for verification of material properties.
This course is intended for use by students and/or employees to understand the relationship between design, selection and processing of industrial products with respect to the structure and properties of metallic and non-metallic materials.
- Application of common engineering metal/alloys, polymers and ceramics used in industry
- Principles of metallurgy, physical and mechanical properties of ferrous and non-ferrous alloys
- Failure analysis of deteriorated materials: cause and prevention of failures
- Application of destructive and non-destructive testing methods
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- The theoretical and practical fundamentals of engineering materials
- The instrumentation techniques used for evaluation of material properties
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.