Introduction to Process Automation (PLC 101)
The course will describe all major equipment and programming requirements to select; build; program and test an industrial or residential automation system.
This course is designed to provide an understanding about the big picture of Process Automation. Whether you are a Project Manager, Engineer, Technician or even a person with minimum background in Process Automation but interested in learning about how automation is done in industrial capacity and would like to earn hands-on experience on this topic, this course is for you.
- Introduction to Industrial Automation
- PLC, PAC and Drives
- Software to Select and Size Components
- Integration Requirements and Standards
- Programming an Automation for Ladder Logic
- Other Programming Languages
- Distributed Control Systems
- SCADA for different applications
- Building Automation Systems
- Real Time Communications
- Integrating Motors Drives and Robotics
- Animating and Testing
- Understanding of Programmable Logic Control definitions
- Applications of Automation Systems in industrial and residential environments
- Basic Hands-on exposure on working with data acquisition systems
- Fundamental familarity with variety of programming languages used in Automation
- Introduction to Real-Time communication
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.