Supply Chain Management
Global Sourcing and Procurement (SCM 301)
In most industries the cost of raw materials and component parts constitutes the main cost of a product, such that in some cases it can account for up to 70%.Thus the purchasing department can play a key role in an organization's efficiency and effectiveness because of the key role of supplier’s performance on cost, quality, delivery and service in achieving the objectives of a supply chain. Supplier selection is one of the most critical activities of purchasing function in a supply chain. Supplier selection is a decision making problem which is affected by several conflicting factors. This course demonstrates an overview of supplier management and purchasing process and provides decision making techniques for sourcing and procurement of goods and services in supply chains.
Analyst of information systems and processes/ Buyer/ Logistics specialist – Order manager/ Manufacturing planner and controller/ Sales forecaster – Specialist in purchasing/procurement, warehousing, transportation, production/quality and planning.
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Organization
- Procurement Policy, Procedures and Strategies
- The Role of Sourcing in a Supply Chain
- Supplier Evaluation and Selection
- Supplier Management and Development
- The Procurement Process
- Contract Management
- Cost Management, Discounts, and Negotiation
- Explain role and structure of purchasing departments within supply chain.
- Discuss centralize, de- centralize and center - led procurement organization.
- Understand of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems Define important supplier characteristics.
- Explain purchasing module of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and e-procurement.
- Demonstrate best practices for the procurement process.
- Apply cost analysis, and price analysis techniques.
- Discuss effective negotiation tactics, cost management, discounts and total cost of ownership saving.
- Examine the principles of supplier management and development for creating a world class supply base.
- Understand effective negotiation strategies and methods.
- Provide an overview of contract law.
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.