Supply Chain Management
Introduction to Production and Operations Management (SCM 101)
This course explained the functional area of production and operations management. It provides the general principles and techniques in planning, operating, and controlling production of goods and services to satisfy customer demand. Current trends such as globalization, E-business, and ERP will be introduced to the students. In this course, special emphasis is placed on supply chain management. At the end of the course students will understand the technical principles involved in operations management, and be able to apply the various problem solving techniques, qualitative and quantitative analysis in practical various productions and services situations.
Analyst of information systems and processes/ Buyer/ Logistics specialist – Order manager/ Manufacturing planner and controller/ Sales forecaster – Specialist in purchasing/procurement, warehousing, transportation, production/quality and planning.
- Introduction to Operations and Supply Management
- Operations and Supply Strategy
- Process Design and Process Analysis in Manufacturing and Service
- Quality Management
- Material Requirements Planning
- Lean Manufacturing
- Information Technology in Operations
- Supply Chain Management
- Define the term operations management and define major functional areas of organizations and describe how they interrelate.
- Describe the historical evolution of operations management.
- Discuss the primary ways that organizations compete and briefly describe a company’s strategic planning, mission/vision/values, strategies.
- Apply forecasting methods and determine their effectiveness in predicting demand of a company.
- Provide the principles of materials requirements planning and the concepts of operations scheduling
- Demonstrate the importance of quality management in operations and explain various quality initiatives that are used by firms to improve operational performance.
- Explain the importance of Information Technology to enhance operations management.
- Explain what a supply chain is, the need to manage a supply chain including outsourcing, and identify strategic and tactical/operational supply chain activities
Coming soon! Please check back. Course Catalog is being updated.